- ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS: Welcome to this website (“Website”) which is published by the WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY’S CHILDREN’S LITERATURE CONFERENCE (“WWUCLC”). Use of this Website is voluntary. By using this Website, you consent to the collection and use of your personally identifiable information (“PII”) and non-personal information as described in this Online Privacy Statement. This Online Privacy Statement governs only the use and disclosure of information collected through this Website.
- NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION WWUCLC MAY COLLECT FROM YOU: This Website automatically collects information about your Internet connection, including but not limited to:
- The Internet Protocol (IP) address and name of the Internet domain you used to access the Internet
- The IP address of the website from which you linked directly to this website
- The date and time you accessed this website
- The pages you visited
- The web browser, operating system and any device you used to access this website
- Categories you are interested in based on previous searches
This information (“non-personal information”) does not identify you personally. The WWUCLC uses this non-personal information to monitor the effectiveness of this Website and to consider potential improvements to this Website. If you wish to opt-out from this information being collected, you may edit your Ads Settings and opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising, or you can download Google’s Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
- PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION WWUCLC MIGHT COLLECT FROM YOU: WWUCLC may request that you voluntarily provide certain personally identifiable information (“PII”) to participate in password-protected areas, download information, join WWUCLC mailing lists, engage in payment transactions, or for other purposes. WWUCLC does not collect any PII about you when you visit this Website unless you give WWUCLC that information. You may choose not to provide WWUCLC with PII via this Website.
WWUCLC is a state agency and, as such, is subject to laws governing the Preservation and Destruction of Public Records (RCW 40.14). As WWUCLC determines is appropriate, WWUCLC will maintain or destroy PII you voluntarily provide.
- USE OF YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION: Unless there are restrictions on use of your PII or unless WWUCLC tells you otherwise, WWUCLC (or third parties engaged by WWUCLC) may use your PII to:
- Administer your participation in the Website;
- Communicate information WWUCLC thinks may be of interest to you;
- Fulfill your request for services or materials;
- Contact you;
- Conduct research or surveys;
- Respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process; and
- Establish or exercise WWUCLC’s legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- SHARING YOUR INFORMATION: Through display, WWUCLC may disclose your PII to other authorized users of this Website. WWUCLC may use third-party service providers and suppliers to facilitate this Website and the services WWUCLC provides, and they may have access to PII. Authorized users are WWUCLC employees or third parties who have been granted access and have a need to know the information collected in order to fulfill WWUCLC’s mission. WWUCLC may disclose PII to other affiliated institutions and/or if WWUCLC is required to do so by law. WWUCLC is a state agency and is subject to the Public Records Act (RCW 42.56). As WWUCLC determines it is appropriate to do so, WWUCLC will disclose PII requested pursuant to this law.
- LINKED SITES: WWUCLC may provide links on this Website to other sites of interest. Your use of such linked websites is subject to the privacy statements of those providers of those websites. WWUCLC encourages you to be aware when you leave this Website and to read the privacy statements of each website you visit.
- SECURITY MEASURES: WWUCLC works hard to protect the security of the information that you provide to WWUCLC. While WWUCLC strives to protect your information through measures that protect WWUCLC systems, such security cannot be guaranteed. Consequently, WWUCLC does not insure or warrant the security of information you transmit, and you transmit information through our Website at your own risk.
- REVIEWING INFORMATION: You may contact us via the Business Services division if you wish to discuss any issues regarding your PII.
- CHANGES: WWUCLC may change this Online Privacy Statement from time to time. If WWUCLC does make a change, WWUCLC will post the revised Online Privacy Statement on this Website. WWUCLC encourages you to review this Online Privacy Statement periodically.
Questions, comments or complaints about the WWUCLC Online Privacy Statement should be submitted to WWUCLC via Nancy Johnson (firstname.lastname@example.org).