Who is a para-educator?
The para-educator discount is available to classified educators who work in school libraries or in classrooms as classified staff. Complementary titles for para-educators are paraprofessionals, teacher aides or instructional aides. We acknowledge the importance and value of these educators who are not on a teacher contract (not paid a certified teacher’s salary) and encourage their attendance at the conference.
Where is the conference located? Where can I park?
Conference takes place at the Performing Arts Center on the WWU Campus. Free parking is available in the “C” Lots. Look for signage for free shuttle to the PAC. Limited pay station parking is available closer to conference site. See parking map.
Can I earn clock hours?
Definitely! Six (6) clock hours will be available for $20. Clock Hour forms and postage-
paid envelopes will be available at the Conference. You can either fill out the form,
enclose your payment (check, cash, or credit card information), and drop the envelope
off in the clock hours bin as you leave the event, or you can take the form and postage-
paid envelope home with you and mail in the completed form along with your payment.
You will need the following to purchase clock hours:
- $20 payment (cash, check, or credit card info. – although we do not recommend
- Your teaching certificate number. (This is required in order for you to receive
credit for your clock hours.)
- Completed form. (Blank forms will be available at the event.)
Once your completed form and payment are received, you will receive the provider
approved in-service form certifying your participation.
In addition, all conference attendees will receive a Certificate of Participation.
- Request a purchase order from your school district or administration office. The mailing address to be listed on the purchase order should be: WWU Children’s Literature Conference, 516 High Street, MS9102, Bellingham, WA 98225.
- Once you have been give the completed purchase order, you will need to scan it or have the person that created it send you a digital version of the purchase order form (i.e. Word document, PDF, etc.). Save the document on your computer, so that you can find it to attach it.
- Return to the Children’s Literature website and click the “Register” button.
- Under “Purchase Options,” use the dropdown menu to select “Purchase Order Submission”
- After you have entered the registration information, you will be instructed to “Upload Purchase Order” by clicking on the “Browse…” button to find the PO document on your computer and select it to upload to your registration.
- Enter the PO # in the space provided (this is required).
- Hit “Next” to complete the registration process. You will receive a confirmation email a few minutes after you’ve registered.
- WWU will then invoice your organization after the event.
Any recommendations for lodging?
Four Points by Sheraton:
If calling the hotel directly, mention the WWU Children’s Literature Conference
If booking online, use this link: https://www.