Who is a para-educator?
The para-educator discount is available to classified educators who work in school libraries or in classrooms as classified staff. Complementary titles for para-educators are paraprofessionals, teacher aides or instructional aides. We acknowledge the importance and value of these educators who are not on a teacher contract (not paid a certified teacher’s salary) and encourage their attendance at the conference.
Where is the conference located? Where can I park?
Conference takes place at the Performing Arts Center on the WWU Campus. Free parking is available in the "C" Lots. Look for signage for free shuttle to the PAC. Limited pay station parking is available closer to conference site. See parking map.
Can I earn clock hours?
Definitely! Six (6) clock hours will be available.
Clock Hours will be $20 for the six hours. For one-stop shopping, add clock hours when you register for the conference:
- First add the conference to your cart, and then click “Continue Shopping.”
- Locate the Clock Hours link under “Program Search,” select the event, and add it to your cart.
- You can also go back and purchase Clock Hours on your own, after you have registered.
We recommend that you download the clock hours packet [coming soon] and fill it out ahead of time. Please be sure to include your teaching certificate number and fill out all sections of the form. There will also be clock hours packets available at the event, which you can fill out and turn-in at the end of the event.
PAY AT EVENT
If you’d prefer to pay for your clock hours at the event, there will be a cashier available from 8:00-9:30 a.m. Please be sure to bring:
- Teaching certificate number
- $20 cash (exact amount), credit card, or check (payable to WWU)
- To save time, bring completed forms [coming soon] to Clock Hour desk (behind registration tables).
In addition, all conference attendees will receive a Certificate of Participation.
Any recommendations for lodging?
We’ve secured two hotels offering discounts for conference attendees. Both have guaranteed Conference rates for Friday and/or Saturday night stays. There are certainly other accommodations available in Bellingham; feel free to look around. Please note that these hotels have given us deadlines for the reduced rates, so don’t delay!
The “convenient to campus” option: Four Points by Sheraton – 360-671- 1011
- $91/night + tax
- Use this link to register
- Rooms must be booked by 5 pm, February 9th
The “upscale” option: Chrysalis Inn & Spa – 1-888- 808-0005
- $159/night + tax for side-view room on Thursday
- $175/night + tax for side-view room on Friday/Saturday
- Call for reservation
- Reservations at the Conference rate must be made no later than January 23rd.
- Mention "WWU Children's Literature Conference" rate